Sunday, May 15, 2011

Photos of Kauai Beach Resort taken during a recent overnight

Recently, I spent Friday night at Kauai Beach Resort.  The location is great and the complimentary hotel / airport / hotel shuttle is very, very convenient and saved me a lot of time.

A storm system was moving through the islands and the weather was still iffy.  It was overcast on Friday and showered on Saturday morning ... but the skies cleared up by mid-morning. 

 Port cochere ... where the complimentary shuttle drops off and pickups up .

My room was great.  The bed was excellent and I got a good night's sleep .. it just reconfirms that I really need to buy myself a new mattress.

 The view from my balcony was of the great pool and Pacific Ocean beyond.

 Another view of the pool and how it wraps around.

Pool-side hatched huts ... for casual dining.

 View of building 4 and resort grounds.
.
Shutters Lounge offers nightly entertainment, light dinner menu.

Naupaka Terrace serves breakfast and dinner ... had a chance to enjoy their Friday night Seafood Buffet ... yum.

Another view of the sprawling low-rise resort.  As you may know, buildings on Kauai cannot be taller than a coconut tree.


A family of chickens strolling through the resort.

 Pathway towards the Pacific.

Final view of the pool ... .this was taken at 8 am so no one was in the pool yet.

I took all of the photos (execept Naupaka Terrace) with my Sony Cybershot.  There are other areas of the resort that I did not take photos of ... including the Driftwood Bar & Grille, children's sand bottom pool,  75-ft waterslide, ballroom, fitness center and more.

Kauai Beach Resort is located at 4331 Kauai Beach Drive.  The resort offers 350 rooms and suites.  ADA rooms are also available.

For reservations, call toll free 888-805-3843.  For more information, visit www.kauaibeachresorthawaii.com. 

2 comments:

Lynn Rosen said...

Lovely place to kick back.

Sandi Yara said...

it was very relaxing